Friday, October 3, 2008

Recess

Today Jack and I went to eat lunch with Olivia at school. (Of course, Emmie never asks us to come. Fourth graders are way too cool for that.) But Olivia also talked us in to joining her for recess. The kids had a lot of fun playing around. Jack blended right in with the big kids. You couldn't even tell he didn't really belong. He only commented once that he didn't like playing there because he didn't know anyone.

I took a little video of the kids crossing the monkey bars. You would have thought Jack was born crossing monkey bars. I just noticed this skill yesterday at the park, but he acts like he has been doing it forever.

I got such a kick out of Olivia throughout recess. A little boy from her class (the one in the brown shirt on the video) latched on to her at the beginning of recess and didn't leave her side the entire time. I asked the recess monitor, who is a friend of mine, if that is usually the case. She got a smile on her face and said, "Yeah, Olivia doesn't play with the girls much. She just plays with the boys." It made me think of someone else I know pretty well who preferred the company of boys. :)


1 comment:

Karen said...

Cute Olivia! It's great to know that some things never change :)