Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dance Dance Revolution!




Ok, so 36 or not, I have discovered a new form of entertainment--much to my children's chagrin. Around the first of the year, a friend of mine talked me into to joining her for a Bodyjam class at the YMCA. I have to admit that I was VERY itimidated by the idea of dancing after so many years (18, to be exact--senior year dance club), but I decided to throw my pride to the wind and give it a try. And guess what? I LOVE IT. So much so that I have continued going tothe class twice a week, with all kinds of styles, from hip hop to Latin to Bollywood (that one's a little scary, I must admit) and a lot of others in between. I have even started going to the Hip Hop Hustle class, which is all hip hop (my personal favorite).

As you can imagine, this is NOT the kind of thing any self respecting child wants to see their mother doing. In fact, the first time I showed my kids my "moves," Josh said, "Don't EVER do that in public, Mom. It is just wrong!" Emmie followed up with similar sentiments. But I can alway s count on Olivia (still young enough to think I am somewhat cool). She said, "Mom, show me how to do that." Now Josh and Emmie just pretend they don't see when I start busting a move in the middle of the kitchen.
So when a friend of mine gave me this card for my birthday this year--she knows about my new found passion--I thought it was perfect enough to share. It describes perfectly how my kids and I feel about my dancing.

I am having so much fun and don't plan to give it up any time soon. I guess I am still not too old to have fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That card is awesome. Sounds like a great class!

Melissa said...

That sounds like a fun class! I would love to try something like that!

Sarah Hastings said...

That is so awesome, the card and the fact that you are busting moves in the kitchen. Wish i was there to join you!