Every year I miss my family's tradition of going to the Whitney cemetery in Preston, Idaho to visit grandparents' graves on the Sunday before Memorial Day. I love the memory of lilac trees and walking over to see President Benson's grave before going to the park for a picnic with grandpa's famous chocolate cake.
So this year we decided to do some memorializing of our own. After a fun breakfast at Centennial Park with our ward family (a new tradition for us here in Iowa), we headed off, with our picnic fixin's, for a visit to Mount Pisgah cemetery in southern Iowa. This was a stopping point for early pioneers between Nauvoo and Winter Quarters. We had fun reading from family journals of our ancestors who passed through this very land as we visited the site. After that we kept heading south to visit Adam-Ondi-Ahman. I know there is not much there, but I love visiting anyway.

No comments:
Post a Comment