Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Here We Go!

So this morning, as we were getting ready for school, Olivia was busy with one of her favorite pass times--browsing the clothing catalogues for the latest, greatest ensembles. Suddenly, with her eyes firmly fixed on this picture



 I hear, "{sigh} I can't wait until I'm a grown up so I can actually [yes, that's what she said] wear cute clothes for once."

"What?  Are the clothes I pick out for you NOT cute?" I wonder to myself.  "Certainly that can't be true.  I have great taste."  But then the thought hit me that I am in for a daughter just like ME.

When I was younger my mother swears I was IMPOSSIBLE to please in my clothing tastes.  Nothing that she picked, so she claims, was good enough for me.  At an early age she resorted to giving me a clothing allowance every year and told me that was the end of it.  It wasn't worth the fight.  {Truly I wasn't that bad, was I Mom?"  Ok--I already know your answer--said through a laugh.}

I guess I remember the dress--in PINK--similar to this little number that my dad picked out for me.  He loved it.  Me--not so much.  It didn't get much time out of my closet.



I guess, here we go.  I am gearing up to get what I've got coming to me.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it!

scrapweaver said...

I'm already there with Sara Tiffany, I don't give her an allowance but she has to be there to pick almost everything. Good luck :-)

lori said...

Girls are so wonderful. I also think you have amazing taste. You always look wonderful.