Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hopes for Things to Come!

See these beautiful peaches?  They are the product of my very own peach tree.  I am super excited about it.  Granted, they are few in numbers.  And granted, they didn't taste all that good.  And granted, they were a little bug eaten.  And granted, they didn't even make a dent in this year's peach raspberry (and new trial batch of peach strawberry) jam that I made a couple weeks ago before seminary started.  BUT--they give me great hopes for things to come when I can make my jam out of my own harvest of peaches and raspberries instead of having to buy the ingredients at the store.  So excited!



And speaking of this year's batch--Here it is!  We are back in business for hopefully another full year of jam on homemade bread.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

YUM! I'd love your recipe for jam. That sounds fantastic! Troy humored my requests for "more shade in the backyard, please" by planting 2 pear trees a couple of weeks ago. I hope we see some action before too many years go by!