Thursday, January 5, 2012

You Can't Live in Iowa...

You can't live in Iowa without a word about the Iowa Caucus.  I know you have all heard about it.  But I just thought I would add my pics to the story so I can say I have them.

Four years ago, when this flurry was going on another time, Josh had the opportunity to shake Ron Paul's hand at the Art Festival, when he was honored for some artwork he did.  During that same campaign, I ran out during the middle of our 4th of July Parade and got a pic with Mitt Romney.




And during our caucus this week, Rick Perry--the actual man--was at our caucus location offering a speech on his own behalf.  (My pic of him is blurry because I shot it as I was walking in my line to get my ballot.  But you get the idea.) We also had Ann Romney at our event, but I didn't get a still shot of her as I recorded her speech instead.  (Not much new there; it was the same stuff I had heard on CNN several times--but whatever.)



We're just hedging our bets. Maybe one of them will be the next president of the United States (I hate talking politics--but I seriously don't like Obama--on so many levels.  I would like someone to replace him!) and then we can say we have a picture with them.  How fun would that be?

Happy election season!

4 comments:

Pam said...

I can't tell you how many times I've thought about you guys (as you're the only people I know who live in Iowa) during this whole process. Thought maybe you'd be "out on the stump". haha I'm with you and I'm VERY happy how things turned out up there!

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff Tiff! Glad to see your family. I'm totally jealous of your experience. If Romney gets the nomination that pic of you two will all the sudden become that much better, and so on if he is president. Jealous!
Hope you guys are doing well.

Jord

scrapweaver said...

Finally got a chance to catch up on your blog. It is always fun to see the other things your family is up to(away from the Y)

Britney said...

You know I love reading anything I can about the caucus last week. What a thrill. :) Thanks for sharing. And great pictures, by the way.