Friday, June 7, 2013

Some Words About Emmie

Since last we spoke, Emmie has been busy.  In addition to her academics, Emmie was involved in the honor choir and the musical theater class this year, which kept her very busy.

She performed in the musical Oklahoma! (for the second year in a row--a perk of attending two different schools for 7th and 8th grade.)  Somehow, though I'm not sure how, I didn't end up with any pics of this.  Maybe I was just too caught up in the moment.

She also performed in a musical review of 40's songs for a dinner theater they hosted, including a small group song she was selected for.



She received a 1 rating on her solo for the solo/ensemble and went to the district level.  Pretty good for her first try.

She had a few performances throughout the year, including a solo she auditioned for and got for a part in "On My Own" for the Les Mis medley they sang.

She received an award for high honor roll, high citizenship honor roll, and was inducted into the National Jr. Honor Society.

And she auditioned for and made the top singing group, The Lady Madrigals, for next year.  The audition process was quite an experience for me (I'll have to write about it later), but she performed well and is now part of the 18 voice ladies group that is Legacy's equivalent to a show choir.

(And I have realized that I haven't taken many pics of Emmie's activities, so I will do better at that in the future.)

No comments: