Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Happy Feasting!







I have always loved Thanksgiving. It has always seemed like a big group holiday to me. So since we aren't close enough to family to gather with them, I like to have others, in our same situation, join us. This year we had a crowd of 21 people in our home for the feasting. JD and Lori Phippen brought their five kids, Vickie and Jeff Morrison brought their four kids, the ward missionaries brought, well, their big appetites, and we, with our four kids, rounded out the group. Of course, with the crazy kitchen before the meal, I forgot to get pictures of the "before" and all the yummy food (we had enough for about 50, I think--and that was just the 14 pound turkey I cooked and the 19 pounder Vickie added to the mix just for the leftovers). But I did get a couple of the "after" with all the kids downstairs playing various forms of entertainment. Everyone arrived around 1:00 and left around 7:30. It was a fun hang out day. And in the absence of family that we all have back in Utah/Idaho, we made a pretty good family ourselves.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Did you all color coordinate for the picture at Thanksgiving? Funny. Looks like a great day. Hope you are having a stress-free holiday. Love to see your pictures. You are all looking great!
Rebecca

Tiffany Tolman said...

No, that's actually a little embarrassing. Can you tell which color I really like in my home? :)

Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful day filled with good friends and neighbors. The pictures are so great and I love that you had the little name tags, my Grandma used to do that when we had dinner with her and it brings back great memories :)

Tiffany Tolman said...

Karen, I totally copied you on the name tags. I remembered them from the Thanksgiving we spent with your family and have totally made them a tradition for our family as well. Thanks for sharing!