How good it is to welcome spring. It means being outside--working the land, working our family. I love the beginnings of spring. Whenever I spend time in the back yard, particularly with my kids, I think about our pioneer forebears who worked this same land (or land very similar) as they made their way west to fight, both physically and spiritually, for the truths I now enjoy. With this garden, we are gaining so much more than a few yummy things to eat. We are gaining a connection with the past and a strength for the future. I love spring.
4 comments:
We spent the day in the garden yesterday too, but ours isn't nearly so pretty. Brent has been itching to get digging in the dirt for weeks, but we have had to wait for our cold spell to leave. Your garden looks great and it looks like you are having fun!
I've always said that is nothing quite like a little "free slave labor"...isn't that what we have kids for? Garden is looking good!
What a great work crew you've got there! Maybe you should ship them out to us for a few days. We need all the hands we can muster to get our unruly yard in order!
Love it, Tiffany. Way to go on the gardening!!
Post a Comment