Sunday, May 2, 2010

Emmie's Happenings

A few thoughts about my little Emmie. She is really growing up to be a lovely young lady. This week we celebrated her 11th birthday. She is on her countdown now to Young Womens. A couple weeks ago she decided to run for the office of Judge of JA Biztown, a little day-long field trip where the 5th graders "run" a town to learn about careers. She ran a whole campaign, with posters (the picture below was on one of them), buttons, and a speech. I was really proud of all the work she put into it. In the end, she didn't win. But she had a GREAT attitude about it all and I think it was a great experience.



She also just graduated from the D.A.R.E. program (the drug-free education). I just thought this was a cute picture so I am including it here.



For her birthday, she started her day with breakfast in bed. We decided to celebrate with a luau theme. After breakfast, she opened her gifts and then headed off to school.




After school, she decided to have pizza for her birthday dinner. {Now, I have a word to say about this pizza. I am not that discriminating about food. But I have to draw the line somewhere. When we first moved here, our realtor told us about some great pizza in the area that is cooked in the local . . . gas station. Really??? We ordered some right away. And let's just say, it wasn't the most favorite meal I have ever had. We haven't ordered it since. Until last Friday--because that is what Emmie requested for her birthday dinner.

Can you see the grease associated with this cardboard covered with cheese?



This is the most I could get myself to gag down before turning to a safe ham and cheese sandwich.



I think the rest of the family enjoyed the meal. Jack contends it's the best pizza he has ever eaten {are you kidding me?}, but I can hardly look at it. I know a lot of people around here love it, so my apologies to them. It's just not my favorite.}




Emmie also started her own little blog [link to the right]. I am happy to have her spread her wings a little. She is actually a pretty clever little writer with quite a lot of potential. However, I am also her protective mother. So I am keeping it under my administration. It is an invitation only blog. She really wants to have visitors, but I am keeping it pretty guarded. So, if you would like to visit her blog (and I encourage all friends to take a peek), please drop me a line or comment on this post that you are interested and I will send you an invitation. Who knows what we will find there. She is pretty entertaining.

4 comments:

scrapweaver said...

so glad all went well with your concert! And happy b-day to your girl!

Karen said...

Oh Tiffany, that pizza looks DELICIOUS! You could probably drink the grease :)) You're little Emmie is not little anymore, but she is darling girl. Where has the time gone?

Jonathan & Sara said...

Yummy pizza! :) We are glad that Emmie had a good birthday! Looks like it was a lot of fun! We'd love to look at her blog. My email is cuteepie988@hotmail.com

Emmie said...

Thank you Mom!! (and personally I did think that that preticular ( did i spell that right ) pizza was way greasy. It is usually way better) I love you!