Friday, July 2, 2010

Swimsuit Dilemma Solved

I don't know if you agree, but I think a good swimsuit is hard to find. That's why I haven't bought a new one in years. And that's also why (at least one of the reasons) I don't like going to the pool. It seems like there are two categories out there--barely there bikinis that are definitely not my style or grandmotherly one pieces without much imagination.

And then there is the question of one piece or two piece tankinis. Call me old-fashioned, but I am not comfortable baring my midsection AT ALL--not even a bit of it for a second. So that is a point against almost every two piece out there. Even the tankinis I have seen are loose fitting enough and short enough to provide decent coverage while standing completely still. But forget about actually swimming in them or, heaven forbid, holding a child in the water. Up they go with the greatest of ease. HOWEVER, I don't like the one piece options much better. After four kids and sundry stretch marks, I don't love the coverage of one pieces. Sure the midsections are covered, but what about the rest? My ideal solution would be a longer, tighter top that didn't give a ghost of a chance of floating up or moving around AND better coverage options for the bottom half. Better coverage overall. But after lots of shopping, I was convinced this didn't exist. Hence, I have not loved trips to the pool.

So the other day I was complaining to a friend about my bad day of trying on bad suits and she said, "Try Lime Ricki. It's a site online with modest swimwear." Wow! Maybe you all know about this and I am slow to the party. But I was so excited. When I googled it I found two or three sites with quite a few good options.

I picked these two, hoping one would work out. I ordered them last week with the full intention of sending one back.


But, now that I have seen them both, I'm not sure which one to choose. Tell me which one you like better. I love them both. They are everything I have hoped for in a swimsuit. Now maybe I will be making more trips to the pool after all.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The halter is better suited for our body types...I am pretty sure you know what I mean, except right now I am doing okay in that area! Plus, I really like the colors and I think it would look great with your complexion!

Anonymous said...

I like the polka dot one.

Jordan wanted me to make sure you knew this wasn't him commenting.
:-)

Debbi said...

I know - such a random comment on a old post... but I have always thought the ones you posted were super cute and vowed that if I got a new swim suit this summer I would look this up.. Do you still like yours? I am going to look at the site today and see if I like any. Wade has a trip to FL in March and I am going with him so I want a new suit (I think since I've had 3 babies since the last purchase, it's time!) Do you have my email? I really want to know if you still love yours or hate it now that you've had it....let me know!

Debbi
wadeanddebbi@gmail.com