Thursday, October 21, 2010

Jumping on the Pumpkin Patch Bandwagon










Yesterday, we made our annual trip to the pumpkin patch.  After our adventure to Howell's last year, we thought we would give it another try this year to see what it's like when it's open.  Since we had an early out yesterday, Kris took the afternoon off and we set out.

We discovered that it is a great pumpkin patch for younger families.  But Josh was a little bored (or it could have been just exhausted--he's pretty tired all the time these days!  Way early mornings, full days, and late nights.)  And, just like last year, we didn't find any pumpkins in the field that were good so I (being the frugal mom I am) talked the kids into picking out their pumpkins at the store instead of in the farm's little shop--which was way more expensive.

So while we had a good time, I think we will head back to Timberpine next year.  We haven't been there for a couple years, but the kids really like it best.  It has fun things to do for the little kids, yummy food, and the big kids enjoy the disc golf course around the nursery.  I hope they still have all that stuff next year when we go back.

Happy Fall!

1 comment:

scrapweaver said...

looks like you made the best of it no matter what!