Tuesday, March 13, 2012

On the Road to 40!

I celebrated the big 39 last week.  One more year as a 30-something.  The 30s have been nice, but I am not afraid of approaching 40.  I remember Marjorie Paye Hinckley (as a seasoned 80-something) once saying that the 50s were her favorite decade of life.  So I have hope that the best is yet to come.  There is much that I look forward to with age and much that I am anxious to leave behind.

Right now I definitely don't long for the past.  And I look forward to the future with hope.  But for right now, I am happy with where I am now and look forward to a good (better!) year ahead of me.

Here are a couple shots of our celebration.



 Emmie made this cake all by herself for me.  Isn't she creative?  And isn't there a lot of fire there?

Some of my seminary kids rapped me a birthday song (which I can't get on here for some reason.  But it's on my facebook page.)



And not to be outdone by the seminary kids, my own kids rapped me a song as well.

2 comments:

All of us, but mostly Heidi said...

You sure are loved, Tiffany!!

Anonymous said...

My cake making wife would totally dig the strawberries. Good job Emmie!