Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Breakfast

Every year for Mother's Day, Kris has supervised the kids in making breakfast in bed for me.  But this year Emmie beat him to the punch.  She woke up at 5:45 (we don't have church until 1:00 this year) to start the process.  She came into our room at 6:30 with a tray full of toast, yogurt, strawberries and oatmeal.  But it was so early and I was asleep, so Kris told her to wait until 7:00.  At 7:00 she came back in (with same breakfast in toe) to feed me--but I was still asleep.  So dad said, "Let her sleep--come back at 7:30."  Finally, at 7:30 she came back to share the same breakfast.  She was thoughtful and reheated the oatmeal.  It was a wonderful breakfast, all the more so since she did it all on her own.  She is very thoughtful and I am grateful to have her as my daughter.  Josh didn't make it for this picture, but I am glad to be the mom of four wonderful kids.  I am very blessed.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is so sweet...and you got to sleep in too...don't you just love late church? (well, only on days when you can sleep in, anyway!)