Sunday, May 24, 2009
Remember Beckham
I am home from church today with Jackson, who is a little sick. Nothing terrible, but enough that I didn't want him to share it with his friends. I am also at home all day long, smelling the various aromas of dinner and brownies cooking in the kitchen, while joining our ward in a special fast for a little baby in our ward who is REALLY sick, Beckham Scadlock. He was born with a heart defect that necessitated a heart transplant. And since that time he has been in and out of the hospital so many times, I bet his family has lost track. But just this week he was diagnosed with yet another serious and rare condition that has left him in critical condition. So we are fasting for him and his family. As I fast, I am reminded again how very grateful I am for four healthy, beautiful children. The little things we go through are nothing compared to what many have to face. I really have to hand it to Kim and Nate (Beckham's parents). They are incredibly strong in the face of terrible challenges. And they have willingly shared their story with others (those they know and those they don't) via their blog. I have added their link on this blog so you can check out their story if you are interested. But at the very least, please keep them in your prayers. They can use all the Heavenly help they can get.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment