
It's official--I am a live Christmas Tree lover!
I have never had a live Christmas tree--not as a child and not as a grown up. Several times, I have wanted to go cut a tree and bring it home for Christmas. But every time, we have run into too many reasons to wait until next year.
But this year it worked out. We trudged out to the tree farm one bitter cold evening this week, took a saw to a tree we liked, tied it to the top of our car (thanks to Josh's scout knots), and headed home for the tree trimming (too bad I couldn't get a picture of us in action because my battery was dead). And now I'm hooked. It's officially Christmas and I don't know if I will be able to go back to a fake tree again. Sure it's a little asymmetrical. Sure, it leans to the side a bit (probably how we set it up as much as the tree itself). But it really feels like an old-fashioned Christmas to me--something I have been longing for for a while now.
We have the decorations up, lights on the house, and I guess I am ready for the snow to come. But oh, I will be wishing for sunny Texas on January 1, 2010!
No comments:
Post a Comment