Thursday, January 27, 2011

Emmie's Thoughts

Emmie just posted tonight on her blog.  I have to say it is really fun, as her mom,  to read her posts.  I am getting a new look into this little person I live and interact with daily.  She makes me laugh and smile.  Here is a poem she wrote and posted.  Quite creative, if you ask me.


THE BIRD I PREFER
As I travel down the road
I heard a song
It came as sweet as sugar
as smooth as honey
I felt engulfed in warmth

As I travel farther
I begin to wonder
Why has this bird
sung his song
just to hear the sound?

Then I heard a note
a long sad note
shrill and ugly

But I could tell
there was effort there
And the bird I prefer
Is the one who cares about the song
not the sound.

Would you like to see more of her post?  Her link is over on the side bar.  But be informed, I am still keeping a tight leash on who visits her.  So if you haven't been invited but would like to be {and I trust you, of course--which is most of you who read this blog :-)}, leave a comment here and I will let you in.

3 comments:

Tiffany Tolman said...

love you mom! and for the record plagiarism.

Tiffany Tolman said...

Not plagiarism when I give you credit! Already told you that.

Emmie said...

plagerism