Tuesday, January 4, 2011

So Maybe She's Not My Daughter

I called Kris today and told him that maybe Emmie wasn't my daughter after all.  When he gave me the confused silence in response, I explained why.

Emmie came home from school today totally excited that, despite what she thought was a bad attempt at testing, she actually made the Waukee Middle School math team--she's officially a mathlete now.  She is one of 13 students from grades 6-8 that will compete in a regional competition in February.



Really?  Math?  She did not get that from me!  Give me a good English book to analyze (which, by the way, she is good at too) and I am good.  But math?  Not my strong point.  (Josh, who is pretty good at it too, likes to remind me that he passed me up a long time ago.)  So maybe she doesn't really belong to me.

To which Kris responded, yeah, maybe she's not my daughter either.   :-)

Well, she is and we are really proud of her.  Way to go Emmie.

2 comments:

Steve Hiltbrand said...

Congratulations Emmie!!! I don't know what you are talking about because you did really well in math.

Ashley said...

Way to go Emmie! Who knew there was such a thing as mathletes?