Saturday, January 29, 2011

HapPy birThDaY JaCk!

2011 welcomes in the year of the "friend" birthday party.  And Jack {along with the rest of the kids} has been planning his party for a while now.  So today, January 29th, exactly seven years since we welcomed Jack into our family, we celebrated his arrival with a
Drive-In Movie Party.  

{I never claim super creativity, but I am a great copier.  So thanks to a link on Lori Phippen's blog, we had a great time!} 

Here are some of the highlights.

The preparations:

The cake {we watched Despicable Me}


The concession stand {the kids had to enter the movie and buy treats with tickets they received}



The treat bags to take home



The kids decorated their own cars


Watching the movie



I think they really had a great time, and it was a really easy idea.

In addition, Jack enjoyed a full breakfast in bed.  He also enjoyed receiving a new Hawkeyes jersey.  Living in Iowa, he is turning into a Hawkeye {after his first love of the BYU Cougars, of course}.




Happy birthday Jack. We're glad you are in our family.  We love you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day Jack. We are surprised that we didn't get any awesome pose pics from Jack for this post!
Love
Uncle Jord

nemck said...

I love this idea! I don't care if you copied it - you are an awesome mom!

scrapweaver said...

This is so cool! What an awesome idea! Who cares if it was copied. You amaze me with the things you do!