Saturday, August 28, 2010

Waukee Fall Festival

Today was the Waukee Fall Festival. It's a great day our community hosts every year, full of vendors, booths, fun activities, and games for the kids. Last year Josh and Dad couldn't join us as they were at a youth activity. But the rest of us had a great time. So we were really looking forward to the day together.

The morning started out with Josh marching in the parade. I forgot my camera for that so I took one picture with my phone. However, I am not sure how to get the pic off my phone (remember--gadgetly challenged) so I won't include that here.



Next, Dad met up with us (he was at a baptism this morning so he joined us late, camera in hand) and we headed to the various activities. I was able to take a couple shots of the kids using their three tickets each for the inflatables.



Here is a shot of Emmie and Olivia jousting. Just minutes after this was taken, Emmie got off, saying she didn't feel well, and yep--you guessed it--threw up! Great!! So she and Kris headed home. So much for our family day together. {I think she was a little dehydrated and hot. She got home, ate, cooled off, and returned to normal. Oh the fun!}






The rest of us stayed, visited the Waukee Area Art Counsel tent for great art activities (a favorite with our kids), ate lunch, and enjoyed free ice cream thanks to the Republicans running for office this fall--including a couple friends--before heading home to hang out with the family.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time too. Cute pics. What a beautiful family you have Tiffany.

PS: I have Lindsay Sprague do my hair. She is awesome. She works over at Clipart in Waukee,