To me, Christmas just isn't Christmas without going to the mailbox every day throughout the season to find Christmas cards, photos, and updates from so many of our dear friends around the country. We look so forward to all the updates, funny stories, and "I can't believe their kids are so big" moments that brighten up the gloomy winter days. But last year, Christmas cards just got the better of me. They did not get sent (or even thought about, for that matter).
But I was not going to let it slide. I had great intentions of perhaps sending out a Valentines greeting. But then I lost February. Then a spring greeting sounded like a good idea. But gone were March, April, and May before I knew it. (Does that happen to anyone else?) And then came summer--and, let's face it, I didn't even think about sending it out during the summer--just too much going on.
So here we are, already to the Fall again, without last year's card sent at all. So my solution? Send out a card right now that will count for last year as well as this coming year (as I know Christmas is going to be here before I am ready, for sure!).
I really enjoy adding updates to our blog and keeping up with others on their blogs as well. {And, I admit, I do not like Facebook. So if you haven't seen me there, it will probably stay that way. Blogging works for me.} I invited friends on our Christmas cards to join us here too. If you are here from that invitation, WELCOME. I hope you visit often. And to all those who already visit, I'm always glad when you come. If you didn't receive a card from me it probably means you either live near me or I don't have a current address. But please come visit often. I love staying connected this way!
For this year's Christmas message, I thought I would highlight some of the happenings in our family over the last couple years. If you are interested in the details, just click on the link and you can read a little more about it.
**We took a trip back east as a family. (It was so fun chronicling this journey day by day on our blog. Check out the other posts if you are looking for a great trip idea!)
**Emmie got to sing in the Iowa Opus Honors Choir.
**We suffered through a long, cold winter last year and are gearing up for another one.
**Olivia had adventures at the dentist.
**I tackled my job as the office administrator of the Des Moines Choral Society, the choir I sing with.
**Josh learned what it means to follow For the Strength of Youth.
**Jack started school full time and picked up a new hobby.
*Kris continued being an awesome husband and father as he provided lots of fun activities all the time {just a sample}.
We hope this greeting finds you all well. We look forward to the coming season when we find all your greetings in our mailbox. {Who will be first this year? We always wonder who it will be.}
1 comment:
Tiffany. We got your cute christmas card. Looks like life has been great for you. Jason and I still live in Tn. We love it. Our kids are 12 & 9. I have gone back to teaching. It seems like yesterday we were at BYU. Time just needs to slow down. How long will you be in Iowa? What does Kris do there? It would be great to catch up sometime! Rebecca Bates
Post a Comment